1. Set a goal to make exercise and your health a priority.
2. Choose an activity. Do something you enjoy. Choose an environment where you are comfortable–a gym, outdoors, at home with videos and exercise equipment.
3. Don’t be a slave to the scale. Body weight is not the best indicator of fitness.
4. Establish a routine that will work for you. Most authorites suggest first thing in the morning before work.
5. Gain family support.
6. Add accountability. Exercise with a friend. Exercise for a cause.